January 10, 2014

5 Tips for Keeping Your New Years Resolutions

We all know the feeling: mid-January, you are back in a routine, you start to get busy with work, friends, studying, family, and life. We all know the story, you miss a few days at the gym "Well it's Thursday and tomorrow is Friday, so I'll just start fresh next week" or the "Sure, I can spend $200 on this new purse, I'll wear it every day"

We are humans, it's natural. However, I have put together some of my favorite motivators for goals that I set for myself.

image-6

1. Write them down!!! It is really the easiest way. Buy a cute poster board from Joanne's and write down what you want to accomplish. Put it somewhere that you can see it. every. single. day.

2. Tell your friends. Sometimes telling your friends what your goals are can be extremely helpful. They can ask you how you are doing, or maybe they will have a similar resolution that you can do together.

3. Use technology. One of my simple resolutions this year is to drink more water. I have put a reminder on my phone to tell me to fill up every couple of hours. I know a friend of mine got a new app for managing her money, and another got one for a travel fund!

4. Use a planner or calendar on your phone. Write down some mini goals for different months throughout the year now. Then when you are in the middle of summer you can look at your planner and see what your resolution was 6 months ago, it will help you stay on track.

5. Make them public. Blog about it, put it on Facebook, Intsagram, or Twitter. By making them public everyone you know will be holding you somewhat accountable. After I put up my New Years Resolutions I had a couple of people contact me about certain items on my list. It was a great way to stay motivated.

What are some of your tips and tricks for keeping goals and New Years Resolutions?

Don't give up!! Let's make 2014 the best year!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment