May 26, 2015

Peach Pie

For Mother's Day I whipped up this amazing Peach Pie! Peach Pie is my Grandmother's favorite so I told her I would make it for her! Let me tell you, it looks nice but it is a labor of love, as it took a long time to make. I used a recipe that I found on Pinterest from Natasha's Kitchen and adapted it a bit It was a great recipe and Grandma approved!


Peach Pie

Filling

4 lbs of peaches, pitted, peeled, and sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Crust

2 cups plus 4 tbsp flour
2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
6 oz cold cream cheese cut into cubes
3 tbsp cold heavy whipping cream

To make the crust you will  whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. I stuck my butter and cream cheese into the freezer for 30 min and them cut it into cubes. I then mixed this into the flour mixture until it was coarse and was in little pieces (they looked like peas). Then you want to mix in the cream and mix until it is moist. You will them separate it into 2 flat disks, cover in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.

The filling was a little bit harder. I started by washing the peaches and blanching them. I boiled a large pot of water and boiled them for about a minute. I took them out and placed them in cold water so they would be easier to peal. They were still a little too hard to peal so I placed them back into the boiling water. I kept them in there for about 5-7 mins and they were a lot easier to peel (still pretty hard but easier than before). Once they have been peeled and cut I mixed in the sugar, flour, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.

You will then take the crusts out of the fridge and roll them out to about 12 inch circle. Place one on the inside of your pie pan (I sprayed mine first with cooking spray). You will then fill it with your peach filling and place the other crust on top (I did a lattice which you can learn how to do here).

You will bake it at 425 for 20 minutes and then lower the heat to 375 and bake for another 35-40.

Enjoy!!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment