October 15, 2013

Let's get organized, organized!

Ashley, Kira, and decorating.

In my head, the title of this post is inspired by this fabulous 80's song! I was recently catching up on one of my all-time favorite blogs, the wonderful Emily over at Cupcakes and Cashmere, and was totally inspired by her closet organization post from a few months back. I think that changing things up every few months, especially with the switch of the seasons, can be great for anyone.

photo 1-1

On my dresser I keep everything that I need on a daily basis and some fun little extras.

photo 3-1photo 2-1

I got these fun chevron printed bracelet and necklace holders at Z Gallerie about a year ago. To be honest they are actually a bowl and plate! I think looking out for your favorite patterns and colors should be your top priority next to functionality. It makes a huge difference when grabbing for your favorite bangle or necklace.
photo 4-1

Okay, I need to be honest - I just recently fell in love with rings. I have always had a lot, but because they were in a little box I never grabbed one in the morning. Since I got this fun ring and earring holder at Target my life has changed. It makes picking something super easy, and since they are right in front of you all the time it is easy to remember what you have- especially if you have been on a ring buying binge like me! Find whatever ring/earring holder works the best for you - in college my best friend, Amy, put her rings on the ears of a wooden giraffe sculpture she had!

photo 5-1

Perfume bottles are so pretty you want to make sure they are a focal point of your dresser. Don't have them in the back of your cabinet collecting dust. This way it also makes it easier for you to switch it up in the mornings depending on your mood.

Image

Lastly, make sure you bring in as much of you as you can! It's YOUR room! Include pictures of family and friends, quotes and momentum's from travels, candles, and what ever is inspiring you at the moment!

Happy organizing!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment