November 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Leo!!

For those of you who don't know, I have a little baby HUGEST crush on the amazing Leonardo DiCaprio. Call me stereotypical but ever since I saw Titanic when I was 7, I've been hooked. Today in honor of his 40th birthday I am counting down my fave Leo movies! (It's a tradition of mine that I invite friends over to watch Leo movies on his birthday - I'm weird I know)

Titanic

Because it's Leo and Kate on a boat with love, passion, Tuxedo Leo, and Casual Leo. I have seen this movie wayyy too many times to count, I cry every time and could quote almost every line. 

The Great Gatsby 

When I first heard that Leo was going to be playing Jay Gatsby I couldn't hide my excitement. Gatsby is my favorite book and the movie did it such justice. He worked that tan and white sweater. Kira and I saw it in 3-D on opening night and admittedly I saw it two more times opening weekend. 



The Aviator

Can someone please tell me why he didn't win an Academy Award for this role? He was pure perfection, highlighting Howard Hughes' OCD with such authenticity. Plus it was such a visually stunning movie. 

Inception 

One of the biggest "wait what happened?" movies! It's so action packed and keeps you on your toes the whole time! Not one of Leo's "heartthrob" movies, but one of the craziest story lines ever!



Catch Me If You Can 

I love this movie for so many reasons, I think Tom Hanks makes for a great co-star with Leo. I love the soundtrack, the way it's filmed, and the lighthearted take on a serious subject. Also, Leo in a pilot's uniform is a dream come true.

Happy Birthday to the one and only! 

What is your favorite Leo movie? 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment