August 17, 2014

12 + 12 = 24

Hello, happy Monday and Happy Birthday to me! Today is my 24th birthday! I had a fabulous weekend, shopping on Saturday with my mom and Aunt. Dancing and laughing on Saturday night with friends, and a fabulous mimosa brunch on Sunday, finished with naps and watching Save The Last Dance and The Great Gatsby.


Since today is the big 2-4 I decided to make a little list of the 12 things that I have learned in the past year and the 12 things that I hope to accomplish in the next year.

12 Things I Learned 

1. Be patient. I had a hard few months trying to find a new job. While it was difficult to keep going on interviews and then waiting to hear back results, I realized that sometimes people are on different schedules and patience is key!

2. Be true to the things that you love. I realized that there are certain things, like this blog, that I really love to do. I think for a while I was afraid to admit that because of what people might think, but I decided that I don't care. I love doing this so it doesn't matter.

3. Concerts are the best. I went to so. many.  effing. concerts. last. year. Kanye, Passion Pit, fun., Gary Clark Jr., The Weeknd, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Drake. So much fun. While they can be expensive they are a blast.

4. Spending some quality time with yourself is very rewarding. I realized that spending an extra 30 mins doing my nails on a Sunday while watching Kardashians or Real Housewives is so worth it.

5. Cooking your first Thanksgiving can be scary, but you can do it.

6. Revisiting old passions is amazing. I started dance lessons when I was 4, I have always loved it. This past October I performed for my favorite dance teacher, as we dedicated a mural to her at my old high school. It was so rewarding to go back to something that I love.

7. It's okay to quit your job. Seriously, if you're unhappy just do it.

8. Happy Hour is the way to go. Drinks and friends, how can you go wrong.

9. Hustle. When I wasn't working I came up with some creative ways to make money. They say "good things come to those who wait", but I like the phrase "good things come to those who hustle"

10. Dancing is the foundation of life. Wise words by my best friend/roommate.

11. Be nice to your body. I have been really listening to by body this past year, everything from working out to drinking more water, eating healthy, to meditating.

12. Don't be afraid to dream about what is to come. I think it is really easy to get caught up in the day-to-day struggles of life. There can be so much going on that it is easy to push your goals and dreams aside. But thinking about the future is exciting and motivating!

Gorgeous flowers that Kira's Mom picked for me from her garden!
12 Goals for 24

1. Go on trips. I have some trips planned for this next year, but I really want to push myself to cross some places off my list.

2. Be honest. In my current job I have a lot of responsibly, and I am realizing that honesty is the best policy when committing to new projects.

3. Spend time with my Grandma. Tea time, dinners, or simply catching up on our days is a great way to spend my time with such an amazing woman.

4. Be bold. In dressing, makeup, decisions, everything.

5. READ. I say this all the time, but I really want to spend more time reading. I have a huge pile of books that I am really trying to get through.

6. Re-do my house. I want to re-decorate a few parts of my house, include thrifty and DIY pieces which can make everything more fun.

7. Have more parties. I mean why not.

8. Be a tourist in my own area. I really want to appreciate all that the Bay Area has to offer. Small day trips will be key this year.

9. Do things 'just because'. Pick up flowers for a friend, make dinner for my brother, treat my Mom to a pedicure, for no other reason than because it's a nice thing to do.

10. Write things down. Memories, events, funny quotes, things that bring me joy.

11. Appreciate the everyday. Whatever I'm doing, work, blogging, relaxing, I want to appreciate it and throughly enjoy it. No half-assing anything.

12. Smile, laugh, and love. 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment