August 4, 2014

Don't Forget To Do What You LOVE!

It's late and I'm tired. I have stuff to do now and in the morning but I don't mind. I don't mind because whats keeping me up is something I love. 

Playing soccer.

My outdoor team after we won the championship last year!

I've played soccer since I was in the 4th grade. My older brother played and after much coercing from my mother, I began to play. As I got older I got better and I fell more in love with the sport. I played practically year round. I traveled to strange cow towns for tournaments and made so many friends through the sport. In high school I played for my school. Practice was everyday and sometimes on the weekends, it was exhausting but always worth it. 

Sweet awkwardness that is me as a 9 or 10 year old!

After high school I played a little here and there in college, but it was nice to get a break from the sport for a while. I had new activities and new friends and soccer was less a part of my life. After graduation, moving home was a hard transition. I was sorting out post grad life and not feeling like myself, not a great version at least.

High School Hotness, we got to pick our own poses


My best friend and I talked about trying to join a team but it was hard to find one, then we reconnected with an old friend and all the pieces fell together. I have now been playing in an adult co-ed league for almost two years and I love it. I feel more like myself when I play and it is such a good outlet for me. I enjoy playing so much that I recently joined a second team. The games are late and sometimes its hard to drag myself out of the house and go but I never regret it. It is a fantastic workout and the endorphin's don't suck either.

Didn't know jersey #'s went that high


If there is a hobby, activity, or sport you did in the past I really encourage you to pick it up again. It could be that refresher you need during the week, the added exercise or just the me time you need.

Whatever you do, love it and stick with it!

-K








No comments:

Post a Comment