March 9, 2015

AKA Bookshelf: Water For Elephants

Image result for water for elephants 

Monday is here! We are so ready to start off a new week with a great book review. We have both been doing a lot more reading since our commutes have started to include public transportation. I picked up Water For Elephants at a garage sale in the Fall since I had heard the movie was fantastic and because it was only 25 cents. 

This book did not disappoint. The author, Sara, completely encapsulated you in the world of a 1930's traveling circus. The sights, smells, and sounds felt so real. The story is about a young man named Jacob (played by Robert Pattinson in the film) who joins the circus at the veterinarian. He falls in love with one of the performers, Marlena (played by the always fabulous Resse Witherspoon). It is a great story filled with memorable characters and an easy-to-follow plot line. 

I am excited to watched the movie and bumped it up on my Netflix queue! 

I definitely recommended this book for a quick easy read to bring to the beach or on vacation! 

Any other good books out there that I should read? Let us know in the comments! 

-A





No comments:

Post a Comment