April 10, 2014

NOLA: FOOOOD

I spent last week in New Orleans with my friend Neda and it was amazing! The short story is I fell in love with the city; the people, the music, the food. Oh my goodness the food, I basically ate the entire time and could not have been happier.

Off top I'll say NOLA is not catered toward vegetarians at all. Pescatarians however will have a field day, I ate a different kind of seafood everyday. There is a ton of great restaurants with great food every where. It's hard to go wrong food wise, but the options can be overwhelming so here's a list of some really yummy finds, enjoy!


Golden delicious beignets

Cafe du Monde: In French Quarter, open 24/7, must eat the beignets and then eat more beignets!


Powdered sugar for daysss


Cajun Seafood: Multiple locations, local spot that is cheap and delicious. Great place to grab a Po Boy and a beer outside of the touristy areas.

Blue Oak BBQ: Two locations, one on Canal St and the one we went to inside Chickie Wah Wah, a great bar/ music lounge in Midcity. The food was so delicious and well priced. I had the amazing zesty Gulf Shrimp Tacos and Neda had the Beef Brisket Platter. The sides are killer too, must try the brussel sprouts.

Blue Oak serving up some tasty treats! Photo via Blue Oak BBQ

K-Paul's: In French Quarter: We heard they had the best bread pudding in town so of course we had to check it out. It was delicious! Fancier spot so if you want to eat inside throw on your Sunday best. Or you can just get the bread pudding to go like we did!

Royal House: In the French Quarter: The windows open like doors so its beautiful and breezy, they also have great balcony seating upstairs. Must try: Shrimp Creole and the Cucumber Mango Mojito.

Delicious Shrimp Creole at Royal House


Tout de Suite Cafe: On Algiers Point, just a quick ferry ride from downtown. This place was super cute and sweet. Great place for Sunday brunch, you must have the grits! They are amazing (esp if your hungover).

Yo Mama's Bar & Grill: In French Quarter, delicious burgers and ri-dick-ulous bathrooms, literally. They are covered with naked folks! Bar set up + the bathrooms = not a family spot but definitely fun.

Fair Grinds Coffehouse: Great coffeehouse in MidCity, voted #1 coffee in New Orleans by Gambit. It's out of the hustle and bustle and serves up a great chai latte. You can quietly work inside or chat outside on their deck. There's also a great little park across the street that Neda and I sipped and strolled through.


Fair Grinds and fair trade

Writing this up has made me so hungry, hope your inspired to try some of these places! I definitely enjoyed eating at all of them. Stay tuned next week as I'll be sharing more from my NOLA trip including great music and other spots to hit up!

-K

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, all of that looks and sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this food looks amazing! I was lucky to get to visit NOLA last summer, and those beignets look just as good as I remember. I would love to go back to try more restaurants like these that you listed. =)

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes it really was such a treat to visit and be able to eat all this incredible food!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete