For my Nashville posts I decided to break it up by day and night. This post will include fun stuff to check out during the day while next week's post will fill you in on all the night time activities and hot spots.
Downtown Nashville is great. Busy and full of music. I would definitely suggest that you just wander around the city and check out the great boot shops, local and iconic music venues, bars and crazy souvenir shops. Its a great place to explore.
While visiting you should check out...
- The Hermitage: Home where 7th Prez Andrew Jackson lived. Beautiful grounds, home and garden and now I know a shit ton about him and his wife, he loved her so much!
- Centennial Park: Go on Fri or Sat when they have free music, specifically Musicians Corner. This was one of my fave things we did. Great park with a replica Parthenon, so random. Great free music and amazing food trucks!! Win-Win-Win
|Deliciousness at Centennial Park|
- Gayord Opryland Resort: Most people will tell you to go to the Grand Ole Opry but I'm not so into country music, so I went to this ridic resort next to it. So beautiful, must check out the crazy over the top indoor gardens and atrium. So pretty to walk around, you can shop, get ice cream, grab a meal and even take a boat ride on the river, did I mention this is all inside the hotel!
|Epicness at Gaylord Opryland|
- Shelby St Bridge: Nice walking brige, gives you a good view of the down town area and the Cumberland river.
- Cumberland Park: Once you walk over the Shelby St Bridge you can walk or take an elevator down to the park. Its really pretty, they have water fountain for you and your dog. A concession stand with Icees and a great water feature for you and the kids to play in because it does get hot!
|View of Cumberland Park from the Shelby St Bridge|
- Third Man Records: This is Jack White's ultra cool studio space and gift shop. Little outside the downtown area but cool to check out if your a fan.
- Cotton Eyed Joes: Great name, great souvenirs. Go ahead and pick yourself up something you could only find in Tennessee! I myself got an epic hat and shotglass here.
Eat & day drink here!
- Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant: Great food, well priced and excellent service. Almost half the wedding guests went to brunch here the day after the ceremony and they took great care of us. The breakfast buffet was on point.
- Sonic: Ok maybe this isn't that exciting to other people but it was my first time having Sonic out there. Tator tots and a slush, what more could a girl ask for.
- The Flying Saucer: A zillion beers on tap, ok maybe more like 100 but its still a ton. Cool space and great beers and food. Best Pretzels ever, even the mustard was killer.
- Nashville and Tennesee in general is home to many great breweries and vineyards, I definitely suggest you partake in a tour or two. We weren't able to go to a brewery but we did visit Beachaven a local winery that is family owned and operated in Clarksville. It is a beautiful little vineyard, take the tour and taste the wine, so good.
|The Bro at Beachaven|
Obviously many of these places can be visited during the evening as well, these are merely my suggestions. Happy travels!