June 30, 2014

4th of July Par-tay!!!

Happy 4th of July Week!!!

I am a huge fan of the 4th, as it brings back amazing memories of friends and family. When I was younger I would either spend the 4th with my Dad's side of the family at my aunt's house on the Russian River in an epic camp out with all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles (and I have a huge family we are talking 25 first cousins!). We would spend our days swimming in the river, playing games on the grass, or walking to the store for ice cream cones! When I wasn't with that side of the fam, I was up at my grandparents cabin with my Mom's side, with fireworks over the lake, BBQs, and golf-cart decorating contests!
My Grandma and I displaying our "Girl Power" via 1998

Pretty much its just an amazing time no matter what. 

As I've gotten older, I've spent time with friends on this American holiday watching fireworks while sitting on the bay after a long day of drinking celebrating. This year, my roommates and I are having some friends over for a BBQ and hopefully catching some fireworks from the top of our hill - if it isn't too foggy.

As you readers and friends might know - I love a good party! I'm planning on making some fun drinks, having a 'make your own burger bar', decorating - maybe with a nautical theme, and possibly getting some lawn games together. Here are some inspirations for our little get together this week!


A fun way to add color to a table


Cute fruit (including these totes adorbes flags)!


Americana sangria!


Helloooo cake pops!


Make sure to follow along with us the rest of this week, each day we will be doing something for 4th of July! 

Follow along on Instagram and Twitter so you don't miss out on all the fun. 
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment