July 9, 2014

Ashley's Obsessed: Lemons!

Okay, it has been a while since I wrote about one of my current obsessions. Right now I am OBSESSED with all things lemon: lemon drops, lemon prints, lemonade, lemon bars! My grandma has a lemon tree on the side of her house and I have been loving to go over and pick a few for summer drinks and desserts.




Okay up first - lemon drops, specifically those made with limoncello. Limoncello is a lemon liqueur made in Souther Italy mostly around Naples and Capri. Mix a shot or two of limoncello with vodka and some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Shake with ice, strain into a chilled martini glass and top with a fresh lemon slice. Perfection! 

My mom makes the best lemon bars! She hasn't told me her secret to her recipe yet, but I'm working on it. However, Pinterest has some great recipes for any level of chef. 


I love fresh squeezed lemonade this summer. I have had some horrible experiences making my own lemonade in the past - like when a friend and I thought adding cinnamon would make it different, trust me is it doesn't. My go-to recipe is 2 cups lemon juice, 2 cups of ice cold water, and 1/2 cup of simple syrup. Delish! 

All I have been craving recently, and for all of you U of A grads and T-Locs out there you will know what I mean.... lemon Eegees. It's hard to describe what Eegees is, it's an ice drink that you eat with a spoon made with real fruit that is seriously the best. During my 4 years of college Eegees was a staple. And I hear they can deliver to any state ---- holla!!!




Put a lemon on it! Seriously, how great are these lemon printed/shaped itemsLemon printed shortslemon wicker purselemon dress? It all just screams summer! 





Are you loving the lemon trend as much as I am? Let me know in the comments! 

Make sure to follow along on Insta and Twitter and our blog directly for updates! 

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment