I have been feeling rather nostalgic recently, three summers ago I was enjoying my time in beautiful Italy while I was studying abroad.
|Strolling the streets|
My study abroad adventure was short and sweet, but still made a huge impact on me. During July of 2011 I lived in Rome, studied Renaissance Art and Food & Wine of Italy. Yes, those were my classes.
|My beautiful Rome-mates; Amy, Tricia, Katie, Veronika, and Alicia|
|Capri is a dream|
I was lucky enough to travel though out the country with my program. A day trip to Florence was complete with a train ride through Tuscany, shopping for leather goods in boutiques, a long extended lunch, and a trip to Galleria dell'Accademia to see Michaelangelo's The David. I also spent a weekend in Pompeii, Sorrento, and Capri. Pompeii is a true wonder that everyone must see and Capri is my favorite place in Earth. Our whole program decided to rent a boat and sail around the island - swimming through the grottos is something I will never forget.
Ashley's Italy Tips
|Rome will forever have my heart|
- Go to the Trevi Fountain at night
- Check out the price on a monthly bus/train pass - it will probably end up saving you a ton of $$
- Stroll throughout Capri with friends and wander into hotel gardens
- Purchase a floppy hat in Pompeii
- Eat arancini from Mizzica in Piazza Bologna
- Have a photoshoot with at The Colosseum at night
- Divulge in da domani a dieta gelato from Gelarte (translation: I will diet tomorrow)
- Pack many maxi dresses, midi skirts, and scarves as you need to have your knees and shoulders covered to enter many churches
- Go to the top of St. Peter's Basilica
- Plan a day to do nothing other than eat a long lunch and walk around!