July 28, 2014

Bay Area Bites: Comal

A couple of weeks ago my Mom and Aunt met me for dinner after work. We decided to head to Comal in Downtown Berkeley for a delicious meal!

Comal is literally steps from the Downtown Berkeley BART station so it's super easy to get to. They have a great ambiance to the restaurant which features a patio in the back!  


We started off with some amazing drinks - I got a SPF 2020 and my aunt got a margarita. My drink was perfectly fresh, and I love anything with St. Germain. My aunt commented that it was one of the best margs she has ever had. 


We sat in the patio and got chips, salsa (three kinds), guac, and spicy jicima and cucumbers to start. The jicama was fresh and spiced perfectly. The salsas were all so different with so much flavor! 


For our main course we decided on one of their dinner plates that you can split between 2-3 people. We got turkey mole (again with three different kinds!) which also came with rice, beans, greens, and hand-made tortillas. 


What I loved about Comal was the do-it-yourself attitude. The meal gave you options of what you wanted to create! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Bay Area! Even if it is just for a drink at the bar!


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment